Saturday, November 03, 2007

Sabbatical Blog: 10/16 Scotts Valley, CA

10/16 Scotts Valley, CA
Today we started our day with a hearty breakfast cooked by my mom… eggs, French toast, fresh fruit, etc. Erwin had to work today, so instead of having his Pavoni made espresso at home, we took a short walk across the street to Starbucks. We didn’t bring any food for Kylie to munch on, and before I bought something for Kylie, a kind woman overheard Traci and offered Traci the rest of her Kashi Cheerio box. Kylie ate these up no problem.

After Starbucks, my mom took us next door to a cute little shop that sells all sorts of artsy stuff and some kids stuff. Traci and I really liked this wrought iron mini-Eiffel tower and a finger puppet book… and my mom bought these for us. Thanks mom! Kylie really liked the Kitty cat finger puppet book.

Shortly after coming home, my mom made us a gourmet pesto based sandwich lunch… very tasty. We spent the rest of the afternoon around the house. For Dinner my mom made some Bun Bo Xao (Boon Baa Sao), one of our favorite Vietnamese dishes. We were in hog heaven… We greatly appreciate how hard my mom worked to keep us well fed… I’m not sure if she ever left the kitchen from the time we had lunch to the time we had dinner.

Kylie struggling to get the last bit of water out of her starbucks cup.
The little finger-puppet book My mom bought for Kylie.

You can see how novel it is!

Grandma Kate reading to Kylie.

Kylie wanting to conduct some business.

No comments: