Monday, August 27, 2007

Sabbatical Blog: 8/27 Toronto

8/27 Toronto: We all woke up around 9:45AM today. Some good sleep on the Heavenly bed, followed by a Heavenly shower. Kylie didn’t last long with her morning awake time though. Within 1-2 hours she was ready for a nap. So I went downstairs to have breakfast in the lobby restaurant and brought Traci some food back, too bad I didn’t catch that she wanted eggs with her French Toast… so all she got was French Toast. I better take notes next time.

The plan today is to hit the Toronto Zoo. And if I’m lucky, I’ll come across someplace where I can buy a bathing suit. I think that’s the only thing I forgot to pack. If you know me well, that’s one thing that I always pack when I travel. I typically leave a pair of swim shorts in my travel suitcae, but for this trip we used the big roller duffels to cut down on the number of bags.

We made it to the zoo, and spent the better part of the day at the Zoo. It’s a large zoo. It puts the Oregon Zoo to shame.
They have much more space here. The animal exhibits are spread far apart too. They’re organized by the continent/sub-continent. Needless to say, we did a lot of walking today. It was good, considering that tomorrow we have a 7.5 hour drive ahead of us to get to Harrisburg, PA. Kylie did well at the zoo. She started to reach her limit towards the end.

On our way back to the hotel, we drove through downtown a bit and tried to find a place to eat. We saw the sign for a restaurant we saw advertised in the Toronto Visitors magazine. This is the “award-winning” Fisherman’s Wharf Lighthouse restaurant… (http://www.fishermanswharf-toronto.com/aboutus.html) seems like it’s a franchise of the one on San Francisco’s Fisherman’s wharf, except this one was a fancy restaurant. $120 (Canadian) dinner for the 2.5 of us. The Sweet Potato fries we got for Kylie to munch on were really good. So were the Lobster spring rolls.

Here are just a few pics from the zoo today.


Kylie pointing out some ducks.


An elephant, but you probally figured that one out.


Kylie running around. Lots of stroller time today.


And towards the end of our zoo day in front of the Flamingos.

Tomorrow, we'll hit Centre Island in the morning before we hit the road for Harrisburg, PA. The ferry terminal is just outside our hotel... in fact we can see it from our room. Tonight I could see across Lake Ontario and see Hamilton to the South and whatever is directly across from us?

No comments: