Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Sabbatical Blog: 9/26 Ormond Beach - Palm Coast, FL

9/26 Ormond Beach – Palm Coast, FL
Today, we headed up north to my Aunt Kathie and Uncle Bill’s house in Palm Coast. We had lunch with them. We saw the painting above the Mantle that my Uncle had wanted so long. It is a painting to honor his 3 K-9 police dogs that he had over his career in Bergen County, NJ. It is very well done…. I should’ve taken a picture of it. You’ll have to take my word for it.

Their neighbors from Long Island, NY were also down for the week. We met them and their other friends. They like many people who move to Florida, buy their house in Florida, before they actually move down. They just take time off and use it as a vacation home… a very nice vacation home.

We beat the heat a bit and swam in my aunts pool, which was fun for us and Kylie. Then we had dinner with their friends from Long Island, and everyone. These guys were great. It is very cool to see a group of people who are all such good friends. The two couples from Long Island, grew up together and have known each other for years.

After dinner we headed up back to my dads in St. Augustine.

Kylie wearing her new sunglasses. It's too bad she doesn't leave them on for long. One day she will.

My Aunt Kathie and Kylie in their pool.

The Four Aqua Ladies.
Grandma interacting with Kylie in the pool.

some more pool photos.

Kylie drying off.


Kylie trying out my Uncle's Harley for size.

No comments: